The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Bouchet, P. (2014). Stauroteuthis. Accessed through: World Register of Marine Species at http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=153116
- Collins, M. A. and C. Henriques. 2000. A revision of the family Stauroteuthidae (Octopoda: Cirrata) with redescriptions of Stauroteuthis syrtensis and S. gilchristi. J. Mar. Biol. Ass. U.K., 80: 685-697.
- Sweeney, M. J. and C. F. E. Roper / N. A. Voss, M. Vecchione, R. B. Toll and M. J. Sweeney, eds. 1998. Classification, type localities and type repositories of recent Cephalopoda. Systematics and Biogeography of Cephalopods. Smithsonian Contributions to Zoology, 586 (I-II). 561-599
- Vecchione, M. and R. E. Young. 1997. Aspects of the functional morphology of cirrate octopods: locomotion and feeding. Vie Milieu 47(2):101-110.
- Verrill, A. E. 1879. Notice of recent additions to the marine fauna of the eastern coast of North America, No. 7. American Journal of Science and Arts, (series 3) 18 (58). 468-470
- Voss, G. L. / M. R. Clarke and E. R. Trueman, eds. 1988. Evolution and phylogenetic relationships of deep-sea octopods (Cirrata and Incirrata). The Mollusca, Volume 12, Paleontology and Neontology of Cephalopoda. 355