The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Abbott, RT & PA Morris. 1995. A field guide to shells: Atlantic and Gulf coasts and the West Indies, 4th edition. Houghton Mifflin Co. Boston, MA. USA.
- Andrews, EA. 1935. The egg capsules of certain Neritidae. J. Morph. 57: 31-59.
- Andrews, J. 1994. A field guide to shells of the Florida coast. Gulf Publishing Co. Houston, Texas. USA. 182 pp.
- Arnold, Augusta Foote. 1903. Sea-Beach at Ebb-Tide. New York : Century Co.; Plate LXVII
- Bovbjerg, RV. 1984. Habitat selection in two intertidal snails, genus Nerita. Bull. Mar. Sci. 34: 185-196.
- Chislett, GR. 1969. Comparative aspects of the ecology of three Nerita (Mollusca: Gastropoda) species from different locations in Barbados. Master's Thesis. McGill University. Montreal, Quebec. Canada.
- Functional studies of the anatomy of some neritid prosobranchs. Journal of Zoology. 147, 46-74. (1965).
- Hughes, RN. 1971. Ecological energetic of Nerita (Archaeogastropoda, Neritacea) populations on Barbados, West Indies. Mar. Biol. 11: 12-22.
- Kolipinski, MC. 1964. The life history, growth and ecology of four intertidal gastropods. PhD Dissertation. University of Miami. Miami, FL. USA.
- Lewis, JB. 1960. The fauna of rocky shores of Barbados, West Indies. Can. J. Zool. 28: 391-435.Lewis, JB. 1963. Environmental and tissue temperatures of some tropical intertidal marine animals. Biol. Bull. 124: 277-284.
- McLean, RF. 1967. Measurements of beachrock erosion by some tropical marine gastropods. Bull. Mar. Sci. 17: 551-561.
- Rosenberg, G. (2015). Nerita tessellata Gmelin, 1791. Accessed through: World Register of Marine Species at http://marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=419505
- Russell, HD. 1941. The recent mollusks of the family Neritidae of the western Atlantic. Bull. Mus. Comp. Zool. Harvard. 88: 347-404. Vermeij, GJ. 1978. Biogeography and adaptation, patterns of marine life. Harvard University Press. Cambridge. 332 pp.
- Turgeon, D. D., A. E. Bogan, E. V. Coan, W. K. Emerson, W. G. Lyons, W. Pratt, et al. 1988. Common and scientific names of aquatic invertebrates from the United States and Canada: mollusks. American Fisheries Society Special Publication 16. vii + 277
- Turgeon, D. D., J. F. Quinn, Jr., A. E. Bogan, E. V. Coan, F. G. Hochberg, W. G. Lyons, et al. 1998. Common and scientific names of aquatic invertebrates from the United States and Canada: Mollusks, 2nd ed. American Fisheries Society Special Publication 26. 526
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!