The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- "An Alternative to Hermit Crabs!" (On-line). Accessed April 19, 2001 at http://sea-critters.com/HermitCrabs.htm.
- "Flats - The Unvegetated Intertidal" (On-line). Accessed April 19, 2001 at http://www.csc.noaa.gov/otter/htmls/ecosys/ecology/tabei_9.htm.
- "Nassarius vibex" (On-line). Accessed April 19, 2001 at http://park.org/Guests/Shells/Shell_Catalogue/Shell_Pages/V/Shell_Nassarius_vibex.html.
- "Nassarius vibex" (On-line). Accessed April 19, 2001 at http://www.bigai.ne.jp/pic_book/data12/r001171.html.
- "Nassarius vibex" (On-line). Accessed April 19, 2001 at http://www.bio.swt.edu/Lavalli/guides/nassariusvib.htm.
- April 10, 2001. "NASSARIIDAE" (On-line). Accessed April 19, 2001 at http://www.femorale.com.br/shells/resposta.asp?family=NASSARIIDAE.
- April 28, 2001. "Livestock" (On-line). Accessed April 30, 2001 at http://www.wizard.net/~nemo/livestoc1.htm.
- Bouchet P., Gofas S. & Rosenberg G. (2015). WoRMS Mollusca: World Marine Mollusca database (version Feb 2013). In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life, 26th August 2015 (Roskov Y., Abucay L., Orrell T., Nicolson D., Kunze T., Flann C., Bailly N., Kirk P., Bourgoin T., DeWalt R.E., Decock W., De Wever A., eds). Digital resource at www.catalogueoflife.org/col. Species 2000: Naturalis, Leiden, the Netherlands. ISSN 2405-8858.
- Cernohorsky W. O. 1984. Systematics of the family Nassariidae (Mollusca: Gastropoda). Bulletin of the Auckland Institute and Museum 14: 1-356.
- Christian RR, Luczkovich JJ (1999) Organizing and understanding a winters seagrass foodweb network through effective trophic levels. Ecol Model 117:99124
- ITIS database
- June 9, 1997. "List of common Georgia seashells by habitat" (On-line). Accessed April 19, 2001 at http://museum.nhm.uga.edu/comets/shellSB/seashellGAhabitat.html.
- Mann, R., J. Harding. April 17, 2001. "Mottled Dog Whelk (Nassarius vibex)" (On-line). Accessed April 19, 2001 at http://www.vims.edu/fish/oyreef/mdw.html.
- Pollock, L.W. 1998. A practical guide to the marine animals of northeastern North America. Rutgers University Press. New Brunswick, New Jersey & London. 367 pp.
- Rosenberg, G. 2004. Malacolog Version 3.3.2: Western Atlantic gastropod database. The Academy of Natural Sciences, Philadelphia, PA.
- Rosenberg, G., F. Moretzsohn, and E. F. García. 2009. Gastropoda (Mollusca) of the Gulf of Mexico,
- Turgeon, D. D., A. E. Bogan, E. V. Coan, W. K. Emerson, W. G. Lyons, W. Pratt, et al. 1988. Common and scientific names of aquatic invertebrates from the United States and Canada: mollusks. American Fisheries Society Special Publication 16. vii + 277
- Turgeon, D. D., J. F. Quinn, Jr., A. E. Bogan, E. V. Coan, F. G. Hochberg, W. G. Lyons, et al. 1998. Common and scientific names of aquatic invertebrates from the United States and Canada: Mollusks, 2nd ed. American Fisheries Society Special Publication 26. 526
- Warmke, G., R. Abbott. 1962. Caribbean Seashells. Narberth, Pennslyvania: Livingston Publishing Company.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!