Data about <i>Platycerium superbum</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
Introduced range includes
|Hawaii, USA||USDA NRCS PLANTS Database|
Plant growth habit
||USDA NRCS PLANTS Database|
Life History and Behavior
Glossary for Platycerium superbum
- Animal habitation
- The dwelling of an animal or group of similar animals.
- Botanical garden
- A place where a wide variety of plants primarily categorized and documented for scientific purposes.
- Vascular plant without significant woody tissue above or at the ground. Forbs and herbs may be annual, biennial, or perennial but always lack significant thickening by secondary woody growth and have perennating buds borne at or below the ground surface. In the PLANTS Database (http://plants.usda.gov/), graminoids are excluded but ferns, horsetails, lycopods, and whisk-ferns are included.
- PLANTS Database Growth Habits Codes and Definitions: https://plants.usda.gov/growth_habits_def.html
- An enclosure for displaying selected plant or animal life.
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- Organic matter in soil which has reached a point of stability, where it will break down no further and might, if conditions do not change, remain essentially as it is for centuries, or millennia.
- Introduced range includes
- Lists jurisdictions in which a given organism has been introduced recently.
- Area of dry or relatively dry land surrounded by water or low wetland.
- Life cycle habit
- Determined for type of life cycle being annual, binneal, perennial etc.
- Of plant duration, a plant whose life span extends over more than two growing seasons, c.f. annual, biennial, ephemeral, of flowering with respect to architecture, hapaxanthic, monocarpic, pleonanthic
- Stevens, P. F. (2001 onwards). Angiosperm Phylogeny Website. Version 12, July 2012. Glossary: http://www.mobot.org/mobot/research/apweb/top/glossaryi_p.html#perennial
- Plant growth habit
- The general growth form of a plant - its size and branching - also its woodiness. Some plants have different growth habits depending on environment or location, so a plant can have more than one value.
- Stevens, P. F. (2001 onwards). Angiosperm Phylogeny Website. Version 12, July 2012. Glossary: http://www.mobot.org/mobot/research/apweb/top/glossarya_h.html#habit
- Land having a cover of trees, shrubs, or both.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!