Data about Galiteuthis
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
||Environments - EOL project|
Water depth min
|108 m||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||2,226 m||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||5,844 m||OBIS Environmental Information|
Water nitrate concentration min
|0.3 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
|min||32.13 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||41.95 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||44.92 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
Water temperature min
|-1.58 degrees Celsius||OBIS Environmental Information|
|min||1.32 degrees Celsius||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||24.12 degrees Celsius||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||3.33 degrees Celsius||OBIS Environmental Information|
Water silicate concentration min
|1.35 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||175.18 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||192.81 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
|min||79.46 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
Water phosphate concentration min
|0.11 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
|min||2.52 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||3.28 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||3.5 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
Water dissolved O2 concentration min
|0.3 mL/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
|min||0.58 mL/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||4.04 mL/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||8.04 mL/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
Water O2 saturation min
|4.82 percent||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||50.28 percent||OBIS Environmental Information|
|min||7.78 percent||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||99.93 percent||OBIS Environmental Information|
|Long-finned Pilot Whale||GloBI|
|Patagonian Toothfish, Chilean Sea Bass||GloBI|
|Southern Bottle-nosed Whale||GloBI|
|Southern Rockhopper Penguin||GloBI|
Water salinity min
|33.22 PSU||OBIS Environmental Information|
|min||33.62 PSU||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||34.58 PSU||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||38.97 PSU||OBIS Environmental Information|
Glossary for Galiteuthis
- Has this organism been observed to produce and transmit light?
- A plane angle unit which is equal to 1/360 of a full rotation or 1.7453310^[-2] rad.
- Degrees Celsius
- The natural environment in which an organism lives, or the physical environment that surrounds (influences and is utilized by) a species population.
- Habitat. (2013, August 9). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 19:01, August 14, 2013, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Habitat&oldid=567783959
- Has predator
- is consumed for energetic or other nutritional needs (by another organism)
- The geographic latitude (in decimal degrees, using the spatial reference system given in geodeticDatum) of the geographic center of a Location. Positive values are north of the Equator, negative values are south of it. Legal values lie between -90 and 90, inclusive.
- The geographic longitude (in decimal degrees, using the spatial reference system given in geodeticDatum) of the geographic center of a Location. Positive values are east of the Greenwich Meridian, negative values are west of it. Legal values lie between -180 and 180, inclusive.
- Meters. A length unit which is equal to the length of the path traveled by light in vacuum during a time interval of 1/299 792 458 of a second.
- Milliliters per liter. A volume per unit volume unit which is equal to one millionth of a liter of solute in one liter of solution.
- Continuous saline-water bodies that surround the continents and fill the Earth's great depressions.
- A dimensionless ratio unit which denotes numbers as fractions of 100.
- Practical Salinity Units. The conductivity ratio of a sea water sample to a standard KCl solution. Used to represent salinity.
- Water depth
- The depth of seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water dissolved O2 concentration
- Dissolved oxygen concentration in seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water nitrate concentration
- Dissolved nitrate concentration in seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water O2 saturation
- The percent oxygen saturation in seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water phosphate concentration
- Dissolved phosphate concentration in seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water salinity
- Dissolved salt concentration in seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water silicate concentration
- Dissolved silicate concentration in seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water temperature
- Temperature of the water at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- This statement is true; the answer to this question is yes.
- A unit of molarity which is equal to one millionth of a molar or 10^[-6] mol/L
For some attributes EOL determines the span of values available for a taxon across all sources.
|Trait||Values||Record Count||Taxa Count|
|Water salinity||33.22 to 38.97 PSU||8||4|
|Water depth||25.0 to 5,844.0 m||7||4|
|Water temperature||-1.58 to 24.12 degrees Celsius||8||4|
|Latitude||-75.5 to 60.95 degrees||10||5|
|Longitude||-175 to 179.83 degrees||10||5|
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!