Data about <i>Artemisia campestris</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
Plant growth habit
||USDA NRCS PLANTS Database|
||USDA Forest Service Fire Effects Information Service|
Life History and Behavior
Relevance to Humans and Ecosystems
Glossary for Artemisia campestris
- Of life span, a plant which lives for more than one but less than two years after germination, c.f. annual, ephemeral, perennial, of flowering with respect to architecture, hapaxanthic, monocarpic, pleonanthic.
- Stevens, P. F. (2001 onwards). Angiosperm Phylogeny Website. Version 12, July 2012. Glossary: http://www.mobot.org/mobot/research/apweb/top/glossarya_h.html#biennial
- Vascular plant without significant woody tissue above or at the ground. Forbs and herbs may be annual, biennial, or perennial but always lack significant thickening by secondary woody growth and have perennating buds borne at or below the ground surface. In the PLANTS Database (http://plants.usda.gov/), graminoids are excluded but ferns, horsetails, lycopods, and whisk-ferns are included.
- PLANTS Database Growth Habits Codes and Definitions: https://plants.usda.gov/growth_habits_def.html
- Invasive/noxious listings
- Indicates whether a taxon is listed on a global or regional list of invasive organisms or whether it has special legal status due to its negative impact on human welfare or ecosystems.
- Life cycle habit
- Determined for type of life cycle being annual, binneal, perennial etc.
- Native range includes
- Lists jurisdictions in which a given organism is a member of the undisturbed fauna or flora.
- Not invasive in
- Information about the jurisdictions where the taxon is considered to be an invasive organism due to its negative impact on human welfare or ecosystems.
- Of plant duration, a plant whose life span extends over more than two growing seasons, c.f. annual, biennial, ephemeral, of flowering with respect to architecture, hapaxanthic, monocarpic, pleonanthic
- Stevens, P. F. (2001 onwards). Angiosperm Phylogeny Website. Version 12, July 2012. Glossary: http://www.mobot.org/mobot/research/apweb/top/glossaryi_p.html#perennial
- Plant growth habit
- The general growth form of a plant - its size and branching - also its woodiness. Some plants have different growth habits depending on environment or location, so a plant can have more than one value.
- Stevens, P. F. (2001 onwards). Angiosperm Phylogeny Website. Version 12, July 2012. Glossary: http://www.mobot.org/mobot/research/apweb/top/glossarya_h.html#habit
- Weeds of the West
- Organism listed in Whitson, T.D. (ed.) et al. 1996. Weeds of the West. Western Society of Weed Science in cooperation with Cooperative Extension Services, University of Wyoming. Laramie, Wyoming. 630pp.