Data about <i>Cirsium altissimum</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
Native range includes
|Lower 48 United States of America||USDA NRCS PLANTS Database|
Plant growth habit
||USDA NRCS PLANTS Database|
||Environments - EOL project|
Life History and Behavior
Relevance to Humans and Ecosystems
Glossary for Cirsium altissimum
- Of life span, a plant which lives for more than one but less than two years after germination, c.f. annual, ephemeral, perennial, of flowering with respect to architecture, hapaxanthic, monocarpic, pleonanthic.
- Stevens, P. F. (2001 onwards). Angiosperm Phylogeny Website. Version 12, July 2012. Glossary: http://www.mobot.org/mobot/research/apweb/top/glossarya_h.html#biennial
- Vascular plant without significant woody tissue above or at the ground. Forbs and herbs may be annual, biennial, or perennial but always lack significant thickening by secondary woody growth and have perennating buds borne at or below the ground surface. In the PLANTS Database (http://plants.usda.gov/), graminoids are excluded but ferns, horsetails, lycopods, and whisk-ferns are included.
- PLANTS Database Growth Habits Codes and Definitions: https://plants.usda.gov/growth_habits_def.html
- The natural environment in which an organism lives, or the physical environment that surrounds (influences and is utilized by) a species population.
- Habitat. (2013, August 9). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 19:01, August 14, 2013, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Habitat&oldid=567783959
- Invasive/noxious listings
- Indicates whether a taxon is listed on a global or regional list of invasive organisms or whether it has special legal status due to its negative impact on human welfare or ecosystems.
- Life cycle habit
- Determined for type of life cycle being annual, binneal, perennial etc.
- Native range includes
- Lists jurisdictions in which a given organism is a member of the undisturbed fauna or flora.
- Grassland used for grazing of ungulate livestock as part of a farm or ranch.
- Plant growth habit
- The general growth form of a plant - its size and branching - also its woodiness. Some plants have different growth habits depending on environment or location, so a plant can have more than one value.
- Stevens, P. F. (2001 onwards). Angiosperm Phylogeny Website. Version 12, July 2012. Glossary: http://www.mobot.org/mobot/research/apweb/top/glossarya_h.html#habit
- Weeds of Nebraska and the Great Plains
- Organism is listed in Stubbendieck, J., G.Y. Friisoe, & M.R. Bolick. 1994. Weeds of Nebraska and the Great Plains. Nebraska Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Lincoln, Nebraska. 589pp.