The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Berry, S. S. 1918. Report on the Cephalopoda obtained by the F.I.S. "Endeavour" in the Great Australian Bight and other southern Australian localities. Biological Results of the Fishing Experiments carried on by the F.I.S. "Endeavour," 1909-14, 4 (5). 201-298
- Jereb, P.; Roper, C.F.E. (Eds)(2005). An annotated an illustrated catalogue of cephalopod species known to date. Volume 1: Chambered nautilusses and sepioids (Nautilidae, Sepiidae, Sepiolidae, Sepiadariidae, Idiosepiidae and Spirulidae). FAO Species Catalogue for Fishery Purposes 4(1). FAO, Rome. 262p., 9 colour plates. http://www.marinespecies.org/mollusca/aphia.php?p=sourcedetails&id=124589
- Lu, C. C. / N. A. Voss, M. Veccione, R. B. Toll and M. J. Sweeney, eds. 1998. A synopsis of Sepiidae in Australian waters (Sepioidea: Cephalopoda). Systematics and Biogeography of Cephalopods. Smithsonian Contributions to Zoology, 586 (I-II). 159-190
- Paratype: Berry, S. S. 1918. Biol. Results Fish. Exp. Endeavour. 4(5): 258-264.
- Sweeney, M. J. and C. F. E. Roper / N. A. Voss, M. Vecchione, R. B. Toll and M. J. Sweeney, eds. 1998. Classification, type localities and type repositories of recent Cephalopoda. Systematics and Biogeography of Cephalopods. Smithsonian Contributions to Zoology, 586 (I-II). 561-599
- Sweeney, M. J., C. F. E. Roper, and F. G. Hochberg. 1988. Catalog of the type specimens of Recent Cephalopoda described by S. Stillman Berry. Malacologia, 29 (1). 7-19
- UNESCO-IOC Register of Marine Organisms http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=sourcedetails&id=1318
- WoRMS (2012). Sepia hedleyi Berry, 1918. Accessed through: World Register of Marine Species at http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=342136 on 2013-03-02