Molecular Biology and Genetics
Barcode data: Iris nusairiensis
Statistics of barcoding coverage: Iris nusairiensis
Public Records: 1
Specimens with Barcodes: 1
Species With Barcodes: 1
It is not a very widely cultivated by specialist bulb growers, so is difficult to obtain.
It has a brown bulb with long fleshy storage roots.
It has various shades of blue-white flowers. Ranging from pale blue/ light blue to white-blue flowers. Which all have a pale yellow or yellow crest on the falls. It also has darker blue veining on the hafts.
It is listed as one of the significant plants in Syria.
Another form of Iris nusairiensis was found in SE Turkey, around the Malatya province, similar in form with three very large creamy-white flowers with a large round rich egg-yolk yellow patch on its falls. But some discussions by experts think it might be a separate species.
- "Iris nusairiensis Mouterde is an accepted name". theplantlist.org. 23 March 2012. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- "Iris nusairiensis". ipni.org. Retrieved 3 October 2014.
- "(SPEC) Iris nusairiensis Mouterde". wiki.irises.org. 20 April 2010. Retrieved 3 October 2014.
- "Iris are genus that do well here in dry". meconopsisworld.blogspot.co.uk. 14 March 2014. Retrieved 3 October 2014.
- G.E. PostuyIMAwAAQBAJ&pg=PA22 Flora of Syria, Palestine, and Sinai, p. 22, at Google Books
- "Iris nusairiensis". www.rhs.org.uk. Retrieved 3 October 2014.
- "Iris nusairiensis". Retrieved 3 October 2014.
- British Iris Society (1997) pL6uPLo7l2gC &pg=PA255 A Guide to Species Irises: Their Identification and Cultivation , p. 255, at Google Books
- "Iris Summary" (pdf). pacificbulbsociety.org. p. 11. Retrieved 3 October 2014.
- "Syria - biodiversity conservation and protected area management". Ministry of Agriculture and Agrarian Reforms (primary) and Ministry of State for Environmental Affairs (advisory). 4 January 1996. Retrieved 3 October 2014.
- "Janis Ruksans Bulb Nursery" (pdf). mesplantesdesmontagnesdumonde.fr. 2012. Retrieved 4 October 2014.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!