Data about <i>Bromus attenuatus</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
Glossary for Bromus attenuatus
- associated media
- A list (concatenated and separated) of identifiers (publication, global unique identifier, URI) of media associated with the Occurrence.
- catalog number
- An identifier (preferably unique) for the record within the data set or collection.
- A bibliographic reference for the resource.
- collection code
- The name, acronym, coden, or initialism identifying the collection or data set from which the record was derived.
- collection id
- An identifier for the collection or dataset from which the record was derived.
- The name of the continent in which the Location occurs.
- The name of the country or major administrative unit in which the Location occurs.
- The integer day of the month on which the Event occurred.
- The original description of the elevation (altitude, usually above sea level) of the Location.
- end day of year
- The latest ordinal day of the year on which the Event occurred (1 for January 1, 365 for December 31, except in a leap year, in which case it is 366).
- geographic distribution
- A description of the geographic distribution, or range, of the taxon. Includes descriptions of global, regional, or political aspects of range and whether the taxon is native or introduced in portions of the range and endemicity.
- higher geography
- A list (concatenated and separated) of geographic names less specific than the information captured in the locality term.
- The one specimen or other element used or designated by the original author at the time of publication of the original description as the nomenclatural type of a species or infraspecific taxon. A holotype may be 'explicit' if it is clearly stated in the originating publication or 'implicit' if it is the single specimen proved to have been in the hands of the originating author when the description was published. [Zoo./Bot./Bio.]
- individual count
- The number of individuals represented present at the time of the Occurrence.
- institution code
- The name (or acronym) in use by the institution having custody of the object(s) or information referred to in the record.
- The specific description of the place. Less specific geographic information can be provided in other geographic terms (higherGeography, continent, country, stateProvince, county, municipality, waterBody, island, islandGroup). This term may contain information modified from the original to correct perceived errors or standardize the description.
- Meters. A length unit which is equal to the length of the path traveled by light in vacuum during a time interval of 1/299 792 458 of a second.
- maximum elevation in meters
- The upper limit of the range of elevation (altitude, usually above sea level), in meters.
- A measurement is an information entity that is a recording of the output of a measurement such as produced by an instrument.
- measurement unit
- The units associated with the measurementValue. Recommended best practice is to use the International System of Units (SI).
- measurement value
- The value of the measurement, fact, characteristic, or assertion.
- minimum elevation in meters
- The lower limit of the range of elevation (altitude, usually above sea level), in meters.
- The ordinal month in which the Event occurred.
- National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution (USNM)
- National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution (USNM), Washington, District of Columbia, USA. NMNH and USNM both refer to the National Museum of Natural History. Collections are associated with one or the other acronym. US, the US National Herbarium, is a collection within the National Museum of Natural History. URL for main institutional website: http://www.mnh.si.edu/rc/ URL for institutional specimen catalog: http://collections.mnh.si.edu/
- National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution (USNM) Botany Department
- National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution (USNM) Botany Department. Washington, District of Columbia, USA. Primarily dried specimens (e.g., skins, herbarium sheets). URL for collection: http://botany.si.edu/index.htm
- record number
- An identifier given to the Occurrence at the time it was recorded. Often serves as a link between field notes and an Occurrence record, such as a specimen collector's number.
- recorded by
- A list (concatenated and separated) of names of people, groups, or organizations responsible for recording the original Occurrence. The primary collector or observer, especially one who applies a personal identifier (recordNumber), should be listed first.
- scientific name
- The full scientific name, with authorship and date information if known. When forming part of an Identification, this should be the name in lowest level taxonomic rank that can be determined. This term should not contain identification qualifications, which should instead be supplied in the IdentificationQualifier term.
- A related resource from which the described resource is derived.
- start day of year
- The earliest ordinal day of the year on which the Event occurred (1 for January 1, 365 for December 31, except in a leap year, in which case it is 366).
- state or province
- The name of the next smaller administrative region than country (state, province, canton, department, region, etc.) in which the Location occurs.
- statistical method
- The method which was used to process an aggregate of values.
- type specimen repository
- The institution that holds a type specimen for a given species. The recommended best practice is to use the identifier in a collections registry such as the Biodiversity Collections Index (http://www.biodiversitycollectionsindex.org/).
- type status
- A list (concatenated and separated) of nomenclatural types (type status, typified scientific name, publication) applied to the subject.
- Upper Name
- verbatim event date
- The verbatim original representation of the date and time information for an Event.
Mesoamerica - Mexico
|Missouri Botanical Garden|
Mesoamerica - Mexico - Hidalgo
|Missouri Botanical Garden|
Mesoamerica - Mexico - Nuevo León
|Missouri Botanical Garden|
Database and Repository Coverage
type specimen repository
National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution (USNM)
|National Museum of Natural History Collections|
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!