Data about <i>Physalis viscosa</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
plant growth habit
||USDA NRCS PLANTS Database|
||IRMNG - Interim Register of Marine and Nonmarine Genera.|
|Texas Kangaroo Rat||GloBI|
Life History and Behavior
Relevance to Humans and Ecosystems
Noxious Weed List for Australian States and Territories
||Global Invasive Species Listings|
|US State noxious weed lists||USDA NRCS PLANTS Database|
Glossary for Physalis viscosa
- This taxon is still in existence, as opposed to extinct.
- extinction status
- Indicates whether a taxon is extant (living today) or extinct.
- Vascular plant without significant woody tissue above or at the ground. Forbs and herbs may be annual, biennial, or perennial but always lack significant thickening by secondary woody growth and have perennating buds borne at or below the ground surface. In the PLANTS Database (http://plants.usda.gov/), graminoids are excluded but ferns, horsetails, lycopods, and whisk-ferns are included.
- PLANTS Database Growth Habits Codes and Definitions: https://plants.usda.gov/growth_habits_def.html
- geographic distribution
- A description of the geographic distribution, or range, of the taxon. Includes descriptions of global, regional, or political aspects of range and whether the taxon is native or introduced in portions of the range and endemicity.
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- interacts with
- an organism has an effect on another organism in the community.
- invasive/noxious listings
- Indicates whether a taxon is listed on a global or regional list of invasive organisms or whether it has special legal status due to its negative impact on human welfare or ecosystems.
- life cycle habit
- Determined for type of life cycle being annual, binneal, perennial etc.
- native range includes
- Lists jurisdictions in which a given organism is a member of the undisturbed fauna or flora.
- Noxious Weed List for Australian States and Territories
- Organism is listed in the Noxious Weed List for Australian States and Territories. Australian Weeds Committee. 2012. Noxious Weed List for Australian States and Territories. Version 26b.00. http://www.weeds.org.au/docs/weednet6.pdf
- Of plant duration, a plant whose life span extends over more than two growing seasons, c.f. annual, biennial, ephemeral, of flowering with respect to architecture, hapaxanthic, monocarpic, pleonanthic
- Stevens, P. F. (2001 onwards). Angiosperm Phylogeny Website. Version 12, July 2012. Glossary: http://www.mobot.org/mobot/research/apweb/top/glossaryi_p.html#perennial
- plant growth habit
- The general growth form of a plant - its size and branching - also its woodiness. Some plants have different growth habits depending on environment or location, so a plant can have more than one value.
- Stevens, P. F. (2001 onwards). Angiosperm Phylogeny Website. Version 12, July 2012. Glossary: http://www.mobot.org/mobot/research/apweb/top/glossarya_h.html#habit
- US State noxious weed lists
- Organism is listed in a state noxious weed list. US State agriculture or natural resource departments. https://plants.usda.gov/java/noxiousDriver
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!