The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Nesis, K. N. 1987. Cephalopods of the World: Squids, Cuttlefishes, Octopuses, and Allies. 351
- Sasaki, M. 1920. Report on Cephalopods collected during 1906 by the United States Bureau of Fisheries steamer "Albatross" in the northwestern Pacific. Proceedings of the United States National Museum, 57 (2310). 163-203
- Sweeney, M. J. and C. F. E. Roper / N. A. Voss, M. Vecchione, R. B. Toll and M. J. Sweeney, eds. 1998. Classification, type localities and type repositories of recent Cephalopoda. Systematics and Biogeography of Cephalopods. Smithsonian Contributions to Zoology, 586 (I-II). 561-599
- WoRMS (2013). Gonatopsis. Accessed through: World Register of Marine Species at http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=341428
- Young, R.E. 1972. The Systematics and Areal Distribution of Pelagic Cephalopods from the Seas off Southern California. Smithsonian Contributions to Zoology, 97:159 pages.