The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, A. L. Gardner, and W. C. Starnes. 2003. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada
- Ghedotti, Michael J. 1999. Phylogenetic analysis and taxonomy of the poecilioid fishes (Teleostei: Cyprinodontiformes). Zoological Journal of the Linnean Society, vol. 130, no. 1. 1-53
- Nelson, Joseph S. 1994. Fishes of the World, Third Edition. xvii + 600
- Parenti, Lynne R. / Carpenter, Kent E., and Volker H. Niem, eds. 1999. Poeciliidae: Livebearing toothcarps. FAO species identification guide for fishery purposes: The living marine resources of the Western Central Pacific, vol. 4: Bony fishes, part 2 (Mugilidae to Carangidae). 2199-2200
- Parenti, Lynne R. 1981. A phylogenetic and biogeographic analysis of cyprinodontiform fishes (Teleostei, Atherinomorpha). Bulletin of the American Museum of Natural History, vol. 168, pt. 4. 335-557
- Shiino, Sueo M. 1976. List of Common Names of Fishes of the World, Those Prevailing among English-speaking Nations. Science Report of Shima Marineland, no. 4. 262
- T. M. Zaret and R. T. Paine, Species introduction in a tropical lake, Science 182:449-455 (1973), from p. 452.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!