WikipediaRead full entry
Cytinus hypocistis is an ant-pollinated species of parasitic plant in the family Cytinaceae having four subspecies. It is found primarily in locations that surround the Mediterranean Sea, and is the type for the genus Cytinus. The binomial has been conserved.
Distribution[edit source | edit]
Cytinus hypocistis is native to Albania; Algeria; Crete; Croatia; Cyprus; Greece; France (including Corsica); Israel; Italy (including Sardinia and Sicily); Lebanon; Libya; Malta; Morocco; Portugal; Spain (including both the Balearic and Canary Islands); Syria; Tunisia; and Turkey.
Uses[edit source | edit]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Cytinus hypocistis|
References[edit source | edit]
- Under its currently accepted binomial (Cytinus hyocistis), from its basionym (Asarum hypocistis), this species was first published in Genera Plantarum Eorumque Characteres Naturales Secundum Numerum, Figuram, Situm, & Proportionem Omnium Fructificationis Partium. (Ed. 6). Stockholm. 6. 576 ["566"]. 1764. id=316032-1 "Plant Name Details for Cytinus hypocistis". IPNI. Retrieved November 15, 2012.
- "Flora Europaea Search Results for hypocistis and Cytinus". Flora Europaea. Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh. Retrieved November 15, 2012.
- This species, originally as Asarum hypocistis, was first described and published in Species Plantarum 1: 442. 1753. "Plant Name Details for Asarum hypocistis". IPNI. Retrieved November 15, 2012.
- Clara de Vega, Montserrat Arista, Pedro L. Ortiz, Carlos M. Herrera, & Salvador Talavera (May 2009). "The ant-pollination system of Cytinus hypocistis (Cytinaceae), a Mediterranean root holoparasite". Annals of Botany 103 (7): 1065–1075. doi:10.1093/aob/mcp049. Retrieved November 15, 2012.
- GRIN (April 9, 2007). "Cytinus hypocistis information from NPGS/GRIN". Taxonomy for Plants. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland: USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Retrieved November 15, 2012.
- "Name - !Cytinus L.". Tropicos. Saint Louis, Missouri: Missouri Botanical Garden. Retrieved November 15, 2012. "T: Cytinus hypocistis (L.) L.; annotation: nom. cons."
- James A. Duke. "Cytinus hypocistis (RAFFLESIACEAE)". Dr. Duke's Phytochemical and Ethnobotanical Databases. Retrieved November 15, 2012.
|This Malvales-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|