The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, A. L. Gardner, and W. C. Starnes. 2003. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada
- Bertram, James G. 1873. Harvest of the Sea, including Sketches of Fisheries and Fisher Folk. London, England : John Murray; Page 204
- Cohen, Daniel M., Tadashi Inada, Tomio Iwamoto, and Nadia Scialabba. 1990. Gadiform Fishes of the World (Order Gadiformes): An Annotated and Illustrated Catalogue of Cods, Hakes, Grenadiers and other Gadiform Fishes Known to Date. FAO Fisheries Synopsis, no. 125, vol. 10. x + 442
- Goode, George Brown. 1884. Fisheries and Fishery Industries of the United States: Section I, Natural History of Useful Aquatic Animals, Plates. Washington, DC : Government Printing Office; Plate 58B
- Hamilton, Robert. 1866. British Fishes, Part II. London, England : Chatto and Windus. Naturalist's Library, vol. 37; Facing page 180
- Link J (2002) Does food web theory work for marine ecosystems? Mar Ecol Prog Ser 230:19
- M. Pauca. 1931. Die fossile fauna und flora aus dem Oligozan von Suslanesti-Muscel in Rumanien. Anuarul Instiutului Geologic al Romaniei 16:577-663
- Mecklenburg, Catherine W., T. Anthony Mecklenburg, and Lyman K. Thorsteinson. 2002. Fishes of Alaska. xxxvii + 1037
- Moore, Jon A., Karsten E. Hartel, James E. Craddock, and John K. Galbraith. 2003. An annotated list of deepwater fishes from off the New England region, with new area records. Northeastern Naturalist, vol. 10, no. 2. 159-248
- Munn, W. A. 1925. Cod Liver Oil Industry in Newfoundland. ST. John's, Newfoundland : W. A. Munn, Manufacturers and Exporters; Cover
- Nelson, Joseph S. 1994. Fishes of the World, Third Edition. xvii + 600
- Nelson, Joseph S., Edwin J. Crossman, H. Espinosa-Pérez, L. T. Findley, C. R. Gilbert, et al., eds. 2004. Common and scientific names of fishes from the United States, Canada, and Mexico, Sixth Edition. American Fisheries Society Special Publication, no. 29. ix + 386
- Robins, Richard C., Reeve M. Bailey, Carl E. Bond, James R. Brooker, Ernest A. Lachner, et al. 1980. A List of Common and Scientific Names of Fishes from the United States and Canada, Fourth Edition. American Fisheries Society Special Publication, no. 12. 174
- Robins, Richard C., Reeve M. Bailey, Carl E. Bond, James R. Brooker, Ernest A. Lachner, et al. 1991. Common and Scientific Names of Fishes from the United States and Canada, Fifth Edition. American Fisheries Society Special Publication, no. 20. 183
- Robins, Richard C., Reeve M. Bailey, Carl E. Bond, James R. Brooker, Ernest A. Lachner, et al. 1991. World Fishes Important to North Americans Exclusive of Species from the Continental Waters of the United States and Canada. American Fisheries Society Special Publication, no. 21. 243
- Shiino, Sueo M. 1976. List of Common Names of Fishes of the World, Those Prevailing among English-speaking Nations. Science Report of Shima Marineland, no. 4. 262
- Thurstan RH, Roberts CM. 2010. Ecological Meltdown in the Firth of Clyde, Scotland: Two Centuries of Change in a Coastal Marine Ecosystem. PLoS ONE 5(7): e11767. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0011767
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!