Data about Macrouridae
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
|Antarctic Coastal Krill||GloBI|
Water depth max
|5,744.5 m||OBIS Environmental Information|
Water nitrate concentration min
|0.17 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||46.07 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
Water temperature min
|-2.07 degrees Celsius||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||27.99 degrees Celsius||OBIS Environmental Information|
Water silicate concentration max
|181.17 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
Water phosphate concentration min
|0.046 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||3.49 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
Water dissolved O2 concentration min
|0.22 mL/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||7.96 mL/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
Water O2 saturation max
|103.06 percent||OBIS Environmental Information|
|min||2.63 percent||OBIS Environmental Information|
|Light-mantled Sooty Albatross||GloBI|
|Patagonian Toothfish, Chilean Sea Bass||GloBI|
|Patagonian Toothfish, Chilean Sea Bass||GloBI|
Water salinity min
|31.64 PSU||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||38.62 PSU||OBIS Environmental Information|
Evolution and Systematics
||The Paleobiology Database|
Database and Repository Coverage
Glossary for Macrouridae
- A plane angle unit which is equal to 1/360 of a full rotation or 1.7453310^[-2] rad.
- Degrees Celsius
- This taxon is still in existence, as opposed to extinct.
- Extinction status
- Indicates whether a taxon is extant (living today) or extinct.
- Feeds on
- consumes for energetic or other nutritional needs
- First Appearance (Older Bound)
- The older bound for the first appearance of this taxon in the fossil record, in Ma.
- First Appearance (Younger Bound)
- The younger bound for the first appearance of this taxon in the fossil record, in Ma.
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- Has predator
- is consumed for energetic or other nutritional needs (by another organism)
- Last Appearance (Older Bound)
- The older bound for the last appearance of this taxon in the fossil record, in Ma.
- Last Appearance (Younger Bound)
- The younger bound for the last appearance of this taxon in the fossil record, in Ma.
- The geographic latitude (in decimal degrees, using the spatial reference system given in geodeticDatum) of the geographic center of a Location. Positive values are north of the Equator, negative values are south of it. Legal values lie between -90 and 90, inclusive.
- The geographic longitude (in decimal degrees, using the spatial reference system given in geodeticDatum) of the geographic center of a Location. Positive values are east of the Greenwich Meridian, negative values are west of it. Legal values lie between -180 and 180, inclusive.
- Meters. A length unit which is equal to the length of the path traveled by light in vacuum during a time interval of 1/299 792 458 of a second.
- Marine habitat
- A habitat that is in or on a sea or ocean containing high concentrations of dissolved salts and other total dissolved solids (typically >35 grams dissolved salts per litre).
- Million years ago
- 1 megaannum in the past. Megaannum, Ma. is a unit of time equal to one million (10^6) years.
- Milliliters per liter. A volume per unit volume unit which is equal to one millionth of a liter of solute in one liter of solution.
- This statement is false; the answer to this question is no.
- Number of articles on EOL
- number of articles for taxa in this clade on EOL
- Number of images on EOL
- number of images of taxa in this clade on EOL
- Number of media on EOL
- number of images+videos+audio files of taxa in this clade on EOL
- Number of public records in BOLD
- number of records in this clade in the Barcode Of Life Database (BOLD)
- Number of records in BOLD
- number of records for taxa in this clade in the Barcode of Life Database (BOLD)
- Number of records in GBIF
- number of records for taxa in this clade in the Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF)
- Number of references in BHL
- number of references to taxa in this clade in the Biodiversity Heritage Library
- Number of rich pages on EOL
- number of species in this clade with richness >= 0.4 on EOL
- Number of sequences in GenBank
- number of sequences for taxa in this clade in GenBank
- Onset of fertility
- The age at which an organism develops the ability to produce live offspring.
- A dimensionless ratio unit which denotes numbers as fractions of 100.
- Practical Salinity Units. The conductivity ratio of a sea water sample to a standard KCl solution. Used to represent salinity.
- Records in BOLD?
- this clade is represented by geo-referenced data in the Barcode of Life Database (BOLD)
- Records in GBIF?
- this clade is represented by geo-referenced data in the Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF)
- References in BHL?
- this clade is represented in the literature in the Biodiversity Heritage Library (BHL)
- Rich EOL page?
- at least one page in this clade with richness>=0.4 on eol
- Sequences in GenBank?
- this clade is represented by gene sequences in GenBank
- Specimens in GGBN?
- this clade is represented by specimens in the Global Genome Biodiversity Network (GGBN)
- Total life span
- The full period of time from birth to death of an organism.
- Water depth
- The depth of seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water dissolved O2 concentration
- Dissolved oxygen concentration in seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water nitrate concentration
- Dissolved nitrate concentration in seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water O2 saturation
- The percent oxygen saturation in seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water phosphate concentration
- Dissolved phosphate concentration in seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water salinity
- Dissolved salt concentration in seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water silicate concentration
- Dissolved silicate concentration in seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water temperature
- Temperature of the water at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- A physical quality inhering in a bearer that has mass near a gravitational body.
- This statement is true; the answer to this question is yes.
- A unit of molarity which is equal to one millionth of a molar or 10^[-6] mol/L
For some attributes EOL determines the span of values available for a taxon across all sources.
|Trait||Values||Record Count||Taxa Count|
|Onset of fertility||9.99 to 14.79 years||2||2|
|Weight||929.5 to 929.5 g||1||1|
|Water salinity||31.64 to 38.62 PSU||532||256|
|Total life span||19.0 to 73.0 years||5||5|
|Water depth||2.0 to 5,744.5 m||654||320|
|Water temperature||-2.07 to 27.99 degrees Celsius||532||256|
|Latitude||-73.9 to 80.2 degrees||760||367|
|Longitude||-180 to 180.0 degrees||762||367|
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!