The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Mecklenburg, Catherine W., T. Anthony Mecklenburg, and Lyman K. Thorsteinson. 2002. Fishes of Alaska. xxxvii + 1037
- Moore, Jon A., Karsten E. Hartel, James E. Craddock, and John K. Galbraith. 2003. An annotated list of deepwater fishes from off the New England region, with new area records. Northeastern Naturalist, vol. 10, no. 2. 159-248
- Nelson, Joseph S. 1994. Fishes of the World, Third Edition. xvii + 600
- Nelson, Joseph S., Edwin J. Crossman, H. Espinosa-Pérez, L. T. Findley, C. R. Gilbert, et al., eds. 2004. Common and scientific names of fishes from the United States, Canada, and Mexico, Sixth Edition. American Fisheries Society Special Publication, no. 29. ix + 386
- Nielsen, J. G. / Carpenter, Kent E., and Volker H. Niem, eds. 1999. Bythitidae: Brotulas. FAO species identification guide for fishery purposes: The living marine resources of the Western Central Pacific, vol. 3: Batoid fishes, chimaeras and Bony fishes, part 1 (Elopidae to Linophrynidae). 1983-1984
- Nielsen, Jørgen G., Daniel M. Cohen, Douglas F. Markle, and C. Richard Robins. 1999. Ophidiiform fishes of the world (Order Ophidiiformes): An annotated and illustrated catalogue of pearlfishes, cusk-eels, brotulas and other ophidiiform fishes known to date. FAO Fisheries Synopsis, no. 125, vol. 18. xi + 178
- Robins, Richard C., Reeve M. Bailey, Carl E. Bond, James R. Brooker, Ernest A. Lachner, et al. 1980. A List of Common and Scientific Names of Fishes from the United States and Canada, Fourth Edition. American Fisheries Society Special Publication, no. 12. 174
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!