Data about <i>Monardella viminea</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
wetland indicator status (NWPL)
||National Wetland Plant List|
Database and Repository Coverage
type specimen repository
National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution (USNM)
||National Museum of Natural History Collections|
Glossary for Monardella viminea
- facultative upland
- Nonhydrophyte. Usually occur in non-wetlands, but may occur in wetlands.
- Lichvar, R.W. and Minkin, P. 2008. Concepts and procedures for updating the National Wetland Plant List. U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Engineer Research and Development Center, Cold Regions Research and Engineering Laboratory ERDC/CRREL TN-08-3, http://rsgisias.crrel.usace.army.mil/NWPL/static/cfg/doc/pdl_2013_pub/National/NWPL_Phytoneuron_2013.pdf
- National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution (USNM)
- National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution (USNM), Washington, District of Columbia, USA. NMNH and USNM both refer to the National Museum of Natural History. Collections are associated with one or the other acronym. US, the US National Herbarium, is a collection within the National Museum of Natural History. URL for main institutional website: http://www.mnh.si.edu/rc/ URL for institutional specimen catalog: http://collections.mnh.si.edu/
- type specimen repository
- The institution that holds a type specimen for a given species. The recommended best practice is to use the identifier in a collections registry such as the Biodiversity Collections Index (http://www.biodiversitycollectionsindex.org/).
- wetland indicator status (NWPL)
- Five indicator statuses, or ratings, are used in the United States National Wetland Plant List to designate a plant species’ preference for occurrence in a wetland or upland: Upland (UPL), Facultative Upland (FACU), Facultative (FAC), Facultative Wetland (FACW), and Obligate Wetland (OBL). The statuses represent the estimated probability of a species occurring in wetlands versus nonwetlands in a region.
- Lichvar, R.W. 2013. The National Wetland Plant List: 2013 wetland ratings. Phytoneuron 2013-49: 1-241. http://rsgisias.crrel.usace.army.mil/NWPL/static/cfg/doc/pdl_2013_pub/National/NWPL_Phytoneuron_2013.pdf
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!