The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- . 1876. Treasures of the Deep : a Descriptive Account of the Great Fisheries and Their Products. London, England : Nelson and Sons; Page 500
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, A. L. Gardner, and W. C. Starnes. 2003. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada
- Bester, C. Sharksucker. Ichthyology at Florida Museum of Natural History http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/fish/gallery/Descript/LiveSharksucker/LiveSharksucker.html
- Froese, R., and D. Pauly, eds. 2010. Family Echeneidae - Remoras. FishBase.
- Holder, Charles Frederick. 1892. Along the Florida Reef. New York City, NY : D. Appleton and Company; Page 58
- Nelson, Joseph S. 1994. Fishes of the World, Third Edition. xvii + 600
- R. Betancur-R. and R. E. Broughton. 2013. The tree of life and a new classification of bony fishes. PLOS Currents Tree of Life
- Shiino, Sueo M. 1976. List of Common Names of Fishes of the World, Those Prevailing among English-speaking Nations. Science Report of Shima Marineland, no. 4. 262
- Shuker, KPN. 2001. The Hidden Powers of Animals: Uncovering the Secrets of Nature. London: Marshall Editions Ltd. 240 p.
- Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. 10 March, 2012. “Remora”. Retrieved February 29, 2012 from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Remora&oldid=479500968">http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Remora&oldid=479500968">http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Remora&oldid=479500968