- MASDEA (1997).
Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
|Specimen Records:||1,051||Public Records:||372|
|Specimens with Sequences:||847||Public Species:||25|
|Specimens with Barcodes:||840||Public BINs:||35|
|Species With Barcodes:||47|
Mojarras are a common prey and bait fish in many parts of the Caribbean, including the South American coast and Caribbean islands. These species tend to be difficult to identify in the field and often require microscopic examination. Most species exhibit a schooling behavior and tend to exploit the shallow water refugia associated with coastal areas presumably to avoid large-bodied predators, such as the lemon shark. 
- Sepkoski, Jack (2002). "A compendium of fossil marine animal genera". Bulletins of American Paleontology 364: p.560. Retrieved 2011-05-19.
- Bright, Michael (2000). The private life of sharks : the truth behind the myth. Mechanicsburg, PA: Stackpole Books. ISBN 0-8117-2875-7.
- Froese, Rainer, and Daniel Pauly, eds. (2014). "Gerreidae" in FishBase. February 2014 version.
- Vergara-Solana, F.J., García-Rodriguez, F.J., Tavera, J.J., De Luna, E. & De La Cruz-Agüero, J. (2014): Molecular and morphometric systematics of Diapterus (Perciformes, Gerreidae). Zoologica Scripta, Article first published online: 7 APR 2014.
|This Perciformes article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
Silver biddies (singular: silver biddy), also spelled silver-biddies, is the name used to refer to bony fishes belonging to the Gerreidae family in the order Perciformes. They are also known as Jerki (Sin) or Mudro (Bal). In French, silver biddies are known as blanches, and called mojarras in Spanish.
- Gerres equulus, Japanese silver-biddy
- Gerres filamentosus or Gerres filamentosis (Cuvier, 1829), also known as Gerres punctatus (Cuvier, 1830), Pertica filamentosa (Munro, 1955) and Gerres macracanthus (Bleeker, 1854). G. filamentosus is known as Whipfin silver biddy or Long-rayed silver biddy in English, as Blanche fil in French and as Mojarra del hebra in Spanish.
- Gerres methueni, Striped silver biddy
- Gerres oyena (Forsskål, 1775), also known as Lined silver biddy and Common silver biddy in English, as Blanche commune in French and as Mojarra común in Spanish.
- Gerres poieti (Cuvier, 1829), also known as Strongspine silver biddy in English, Blanche armée in French and Mojarra espinuda in Spanish.
- Gerres setifer, Small Bengal silver-biddy
- Gerres subfasciatus
- Pentaprion longimanus (Cantor, 1850), also known as Longfin silver-biddy in English, as Blanche à pagaies in French and Mojarra alona in Spanish.
- Parequula melbournensis or Melbourne Silver Biddy, a species similar to G. subfasciatus
- Gerreidae, Bony Fishes, ftp.fao.org
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!