Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
Specimen Records: 3
Specimens with Sequences: 3
Specimens with Barcodes: 2
Species With Barcodes: 1
Public Records: 2
Public Species: 1
The taxonomy of the genus is still unclear. It is closely related to the genus Carthamus, and the two groups have been treated as part of a species complex, with the boundaries between them not established. While some sources accept several names in Carduncellus, others are more restrictive, and some consider the genus to be synonymous with Carthamus, the genus that includes the safflower.
Species sometimes included:
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Carduncellus.|
|Wikispecies has information related to: Carduncellus|
- Vilatersana, R., et al. (2000). Generic delimitation and phylogeny of the Carduncellus-Carthamus complex (Asteraceae) based on ITS sequences. Plant Systematics and Evolution 221(1-2), 89-105.
- GRIN Species Records of Carduncellus. Germplasm Resources Information Network (GRIN).
- Carduncellus. The Plant List.
- Carduncellus. In: Greuter, W. & E. von Raab-Straube. (Eds.) Compositae. Euro+Med Plantbase. 2006.
- (Spanish) López González, G. (2012). Sobre la clasificación del complejo Carthamus-Carduncellus (Asteraceae, Cardueae-Centaureinae) y su tratamiento en flora ibérica. Acta Botanica Malacitana 37, 79-92.
|This Asteraceae-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!