The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Collette, Bruce B., Jan R. McDowell, and John E. Graves. 2006. Phylogeny of recent billfishes (Xiphioidei). Bulletin of Marine Science, vol. 79, no. 3. 455-468
- H. L. Fierstine and J. E. Starnes. 2005. Xiphiorhynchus cf. X. eocaenicus (Woodward, 1901), (Scombroidei: Xiphiidae: Xiphiorhynchinae) from the middle Eocene of Mississippi, the first transatlantic distribution of a species of Xiphiorhynchus. Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology 25(2):280-287
- Moore, Jon A., Karsten E. Hartel, James E. Craddock, and John K. Galbraith. 2003. An annotated list of deepwater fishes from off the New England region, with new area records. Northeastern Naturalist, vol. 10, no. 2. 159-248
- Nakamura, Izumi. 1985. Billfishes of the World: An Annotated and Illustrated Catalogue of Marlins, Sailfishes, Spearfishes and Swordfishes Known to Date. FAO Fisheries Synopsis, no. 125, vol. 5. iv + 65
- Nakamura, Izumi. 1985. Billfishes of the World: An annotated and illustrated catalogue of marlins, sailfishes, spearfishes and swordfishes known to date. FAO Fisheries Synopsis (125), vol. 5
- Nelson, Joseph S. 1994. Fishes of the World, Third Edition. xvii + 600
- Shiino, Sueo M. 1976. List of Common Names of Fishes of the World, Those Prevailing among English-speaking Nations. Science Report of Shima Marineland, no. 4. 262
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!