Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
Specimen Records: 428
Specimens with Sequences: 415
Specimens with Barcodes: 412
Species With Barcodes: 8
Public Records: 392
Public Species: 8
Public BINs: 4
As Kantor et al commented, "...the Russian specialists on freshwater molluscs appeared to be “splitters” comparing with their western colleagues. This sometimes leads to extreme differences in opinion on species number and taxonomy of some groups. For example, Graf  recently analyzed the number of species of Unionoidea of Palearctic recognised by Russian malacologists (156 species in 34 genera) and western specialists (45 species in 16 genera). Most of the groups are still awaiting the critical re-assessment."
- Dreissena blanci
- Dreissena bugensis, the quagga mussel
- Dreissena caspia
- Dreissena elata elata
- Dreissena obtusecarinata
- Dreissena polymorpha, the zebra mussel
- Dreissena presbensis
- Dreissena rostiformis
- Dreissena stankovici
- Kantor, Y.I., M.V. Vinarski, A.A. Schileyko & A.V. Sysoev (2010). "Catalogue of the Continental Mollusks of Russia and Adjacent Territories" (PDF). Ruthenica, Russian Malacological Journal (online version). ISSN 2307-7336. Retrieved 2014-06-24.
- Kijashko, P. "Check-list for Caspian Sea molluscs". Caspian Sea Biodiversity Project under umbrella of Caspian Sea Environment Program.
- "Taxon Details: Dreissena Van Beneden 1835". Fauna Europaea. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2014.2. <www.iucnredlist.org>. Downloaded on 12 September 2014.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!