- UNESCO-IOC Register of Marine Organisms http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=sourcedetails&id=1318
This species frequently occurs in dense clusters. It has large 2-4 cm cylindrical zooids. They generally range from black to dark blue to gray in colour, with individual zooids having fluorescent green, yellow, or white rings around both siphons. The external cover has a firm basal matrix, and is somewhat transparent and soft.
- WoRMS - World Register of Marine Species - Clavelina robusta Kott, 1990
- Almost Us!? Sea Squirts, Tunicates, Ascidians, Subphylum Urochordata, Phylum Chordata pt 2
- Allen, Gerald (2001), Marine Life of the Pacific and Indian Oceans, Tuttle Publishing and Periplus (Singapore), p. 62
- Allen, Gerald (2001), Marine Life of the Pacific and Indian Oceans, Periplus (Singapore), p. 62
|This tunicate-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|