The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Ferraris, Carl J., Jr., and Mário C. C. de Pinna. 1999. Higher-level Names for Catfishes (Actinopterygii: Ostariophysi: Siluriformes). Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, vol. 51, no. 1. 1-17
- Horácio Higuchi, José L. O. Birindelli, Leandro M. Sousa, Heraldo A. Britski (2007): Merodoras nheco, new genus and species from Rio Paraguay basin, Brazil (Siluriformes, Doradidae), and nomination of the new subfamily Astrodoradinae. Zootaxa 1446, 31-42: 32-32, URL:http://www.zoobank.org/urn:lsid:zoobank.org:pub:AC82821F-1400-4DA7-AD0E-41D7A2B37BE6
- Nelson, Joseph S. 1994. Fishes of the World, Third Edition. xvii + 600
- Nelson, Joseph S., Edwin J. Crossman, H. Espinosa-Pérez, L. T. Findley, C. R. Gilbert, et al., eds. 2004. Common and scientific names of fishes from the United States, Canada, and Mexico, Sixth Edition. American Fisheries Society Special Publication, no. 29. ix + 386
- Sabaj, Mark H., and Carl J. Ferraris, Jr. / Reis, Roberto E., Sven O. Kullander, et al., eds. 2003. Family Doradidae (Thorny catfishes). Check List of the Freshwater Fishes of South and Central America. 456-469
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!