The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
Hadhazy A. 2009. Shining Examples: 10 Bioluminescent Creatures that Glow in Surprising Ways [Slide Show].
- Harold, A. S. / Carpenter, Kent E., and Volker H. Niem, eds. 1999. Sternoptychidae: Hatchetfishes. FAO species identification guide for fishery purposes: The living marine resources of the Western Central Pacific, vol. 3: Batoid fishes, chimaeras and Bony fishes, part 1 (Elopidae to Linophrynidae). 1900-1902
- Johnsen S; Widder EA; Mobley CD. 2004. Propagation and perception of bioluminescence: factors affecting counterillumination as a cryptic strategy. Biol. Bull. 207: 1-16.
- Moore, Jon A., Karsten E. Hartel, James E. Craddock, and John K. Galbraith. 2003. An annotated list of deepwater fishes from off the New England region, with new area records. Northeastern Naturalist, vol. 10, no. 2. 159-248
- Nelson, Joseph S. 1994. Fishes of the World, Third Edition. xvii + 600
- Shiino, Sueo M. 1976. List of Common Names of Fishes of the World, Those Prevailing among English-speaking Nations. Science Report of Shima Marineland, no. 4. 262
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!