WikipediaRead full entry
Tithonia rotundifolia (Mill.) S.F. Blake is a plant in the Asteraceae native to Florida, Louisiana, Mexico, Central America and the West Indies. It is sometimes grown as an ornamental in other places and has become naturalized in some of these locales. It is an annual up to 4 m tall with orange or red flowers. Leaves, despite the epithet, are deltoid to lanceolate, occasionally lobed.
- Tithonia rotundifolia (Mill.) S.F. Blake, Contr. Gray Herb. 52: 41. 1917.
- Blake, Contributions of the Gray Herbarium 52: 41. 1917
- Flora of North America, vol 21, p 39. 2006.
- Miller, Garden Dictionary ed. 8, Tagetes no. 4. 1768.
- Hooker, Botanical Magazine 61, t 3295. 1834.
- A.H.R. Griesbach. 1866. Catalogus plantarum cubensium.