The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Arevalo, E., Y. Zhu, J. M. Carpenter and J. E. Strassmann 2004. The phylogeny of the social wasp subfamily Polistinae: evi- dence from microsatellite flanking sequences, mitochondrial COI sequence, and morphological characters. BioMed Central Evolutionary Biology 4: 8.
- Carpenter, J. M. 1991. Phylogenetic relationships and the origin of social behavior in the Vespidae. Pp. 732 in: K. G. Ross and R. W. Matthews (eds.), Social Biology of Wasps. Cornell University Press, Ithaca.
- Pickett, K. M. and J. M. Carpenter. 2010. Simultaneous analysis and the origins of sociality in the Vespidae (Insecta: Hymenoptera). Arthropod Systematics and Phylogeny 68(1): 333.
- Wenzel, J. W. 1991. Evolution of nest architecture in social vespids. Pp. 480519 in: K. G. Ross and R. W. Matthews (eds.), The Social Biology of Wasps. Cornell University Press, Ithaca.
- Wenzel, J.W. and J.M. Carpenter 1994. Comparing methods: Adaptive traits and tests of adaptation. Pp. 79101 in: P. Eggleton and R. I. Vane-Wright (eds.), Phylogenetics and Ecology. Academic Press, London.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!