Anatomidae was raised to the rank of family in a study by Geiger & Jansen (2004). Bouchet & Rocroi placed it in the superfamily Scissurelloidea. This was disputed in 2008 by Yasunori Kano  who does not believe that Anatomidae should be separated from Scissurellidae and actually states that it is the subfamily Anatominae. He suggests that this result was induced by contamination or mislabelling. 
This family has no subfamilies.
Genera within the family Anatomidae include:
- Anatoma Woodward, 1859
- Thieleella Bandel, 1998
- Sasakiconcha Geiger, 2006
- ^ Geiger D. L. & Jansen P. (2004). "New species of Australian Scissurellidae (Mollusca: Gastropoda: Vetigastropoda) with remarks on Australian and Indo-Malayan species". Zootaxa 714: 1–72. preview.
- ^ [http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1463-6409.2007.00316.x/abstract Yasunori Kano, Vetigastropod phylogeny and a new concept of Seguenzioidea: independent evolution of copulatory organs in the deep-sea habitats, 2008: Zoologica Scripta 37, 1-21
- ^ WoRMS : Anatomidae: accessed : 16 January 2011
- ^ a b Geiger D. L. & McLean J. H. (10 February 2010) "New species and records of Scissurellidae and Anatomidae from the Americas (Mollusca: Gastropoda: Vetigastropoda)". Zootaxa 2356: 1-35, 24 plates. preview.
|This Vetigastropoda-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|