Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage: Helix lucorum
Public Records: 0
Specimens with Barcodes: 4
Species With Barcodes: 1
This species of snail makes and uses love darts.
Adult snails weight about 20-25 g.
- Eastern Europe - East region of Black sea - Georgia|
- Southern Europe - Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, Italy, Macedonia, Romania, Sardinia, Yugoslavia, Turkey
- Western Europe - France (introduced)
- IUCN 2008. 2008 IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. <www.iucnredlist.org>. Downloaded on 16 April 2009.
- http://www.faunaeur.org/full_results.php?id=277677 cited 5 May 2007
- Danilova A.B. & Grinkevich L. N. (2012). "Failure of Long-Term Memory Formation in Juvenile Snails Is Determined by Acetylation Status of Histone H3 and Can Be Improved by NaB Treatment". PLoS ONE 7(7): e41828. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0041828.
- Mumladze. L. 2013. Shell size differences in Helix lucorum Linnaeus, 1758 (Mollusca: Gastropoda) between natural and urban environments. Turkish Journal of Zoology, 37: 1-6.
- Balashov I. & Gural-Sverlova N. 2012. An annotated checklist of the terrestrial molluscs of Ukraine. Journal of Conchology. 41 (1): 91-109.
- Commonwealth of Australia. 2002 (April) Citrus Imports from the Arab Republic of Egypt. A Review Under Existing Import Conditions for Citrus from Israel. Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry, Australia. Caption: Gastropods, page 12 and Appendix 2.
- Heller J.: Life History Strategies. in Barker G. M. (ed.): The biology of terrestrial molluscs. CABI Publishing, Oxon, UK, 2001, ISBN 0-85199-318-4. 1-146, cited page: 428.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!