Data about <i>Carissa macrocarpa</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
Introduced range includes
|Lower 48 United States of America||USDA NRCS PLANTS Database|
|Puerto Rico||USDA NRCS PLANTS Database|
Glossary for Carissa macrocarpa
- This taxon is still in existence, as opposed to extinct.
- Extinction status
- Indicates whether a taxon is extant (living today) or extinct.
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- Introduced range includes
- Lists jurisdictions in which a given organism has been introduced recently.
- Plant growth habit
- The general growth form of a plant - its size and branching - also its woodiness. Some plants have different growth habits depending on environment or location, so a plant can have more than one value.
- Stevens, P. F. (2001 onwards). Angiosperm Phylogeny Website. Version 12, July 2012. Glossary: http://www.mobot.org/mobot/research/apweb/top/glossarya_h.html#habit
- Perennial, woody plant with a single stem (trunk), normally greater than 4 to 5 meters (13 to 16 feet) in height; under certain environmental conditions, some tree species may develop a multi-stemmed or short growth form (less than 4 meters or 13 feet in height).
- PLANTS Database Growth Habits Codes and Definitions: https://plants.usda.gov/growth_habits_def.html
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!