Localities documented in Tropicos sources
United States (North America)
Note: This information is based on publications available through Tropicos and may not represent the entire distribution. Tropicos does not categorize distributions as native or non-native.
- Anonymous. 1986. List-Based Rec., Soil Conserv. Serv., U.S.D.A. Database of the U.S.D.A., Beltsville. http://www.tropicos.org/Reference/1103
Habitat and Ecology
IUCN Red List Assessment
Red List Category
Red List Criteria
Mammillaria nivosa is radially symmetrical and can grow up to 25 cm (9.8 in) tall. It has spines that can grow to about 38 mm (1.5 in) and often overlap, probably to make it difficult for large organisms to reach the flesh of the cactus.
- "Mammillaria nivosa Link ex N.E. Pfeiffer". PLANTS Profile. United States Department of Agriculture. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "Mammillaria nivosa". Integrated Taxonomic Information System. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- Curbelo-Rodríguez, Jean Carlos; Meléndez-Ackerman, Rojas-Sandoval, Segarra-Carmona (March 27, 2012). "New distribution record of Cybocephalus kathrynae (Coleoptera, Cybocephalidae) on Mona Island, Puerto Rico". Revista Brasileira de Entomologia 56 (1): 119–121. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- "Mammillaria nivosa". CactiGuide.com. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
|This Cactaceae article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|