Brief SummaryRead full entry
TaxonomyThis tree grows up to 15m tall. It is semi-deciduous, has a round crown, with thick and tortuous branches. Its bark is grey, thick, corky and fissured.
- Leaves are 5–15 by 2–7cm, opposite, and palmately compound.
- There are 5 elliptical leaflets that are coriaceous, covered with an indumentum of squamose trichomes. They have an obtuse apex, entire margin, and rounded base. The petiole is 5–7cm.
- Flowers are 8cm long, in groups of 40, tubular-campanulate, yellow, and very showy.
- The fruits are capsules, 8–15 by 1.5–2.5cm long and narrowly cylindrical, with a dense indumentum of squamose trichomes.
- Seeds are up to 4cm wide, flat, with two opposite membranous wings on each side.
- The tree flowers in June–August and fruits in August–September.