The EOO, AOO, and number of locations for this species exceed the criteria for B1, B2, and D2 classification.
Habitat and Ecology
IUCN Red List Assessment
Red List Category
Red List Criteria
The size of an adult shell varies between 25 mm and 47 mm. The shell is thin, narrow and somewhat inflated. The spire is finely grooved. The apex is sharp. The body whorl is striate towards the base. The color of the shell is violet-white, clouded with chestnut, with revolving lines of chestnut spots. 
- Reeve, L. A., 1843. Monograph of the genus Conus. Conchologia Iconica, i: figures and descriptions of the shells of molluscs; with remarks on their affinities, synonymy, and geographical distribution, 1. Conus.
- Conus iodostoma Reeve, 1843. Retrieved through: World Register of Marine Species on 26 July 2011.
- George Washington Tryon, Manual of Conchology vol. VI, p. 60; 1879
- Filmer R.M. (2001). A Catalogue of Nomenclature and Taxonomy in the Living Conidae 1758 - 1998. Backhuys Publishers, Leiden. 388pp
- Tucker J.K. (2009). Recent cone species database. September 4th 2009 Edition
- Tucker J.K. & Tenorio M.J. (2009) Systematic classification of Recent and fossil conoidean gastropods. Hackenheim: Conchbooks. 296 pp.