The size of an adult shell varies between 30 mm and 120 mm. The shell has a light flesh-color. The spire is gently acuminate. The earlier whorls are tuberculated. The body whorl is pyrriform. The outline is concave below, with revolving striae towards the base. 
- Hinds, R. B., 1843. Descriptions of new shells from the collection of Captain Sir Edward Belcher. The Annals and Magazine of Natural History, 11: 255 -257
- Conus patricius Hinds, 1843. Retrieved through: World Register of Marine Species on 5 August 2011.
- George Washington Tryon, Manual of Conchology vol. VI, p. 17; 1884 (described as Conus pyriformis)
- Filmer R.M. (2001). A Catalogue of Nomenclature and Taxonomy in the Living Conidae 1758 - 1998. Backhuys Publishers, Leiden. 388pp
- Tucker J.K. (2009). Recent cone species database. September 4th 2009 Edition