Data about Antiguastrea
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
Evolution and Systematics
Glossary for Antiguastrea
- A plane angle unit which is equal to 1/360 of a full rotation or 1.7453310^[-2] rad.
- A taxon is Extinct when there is no reasonable doubt that the last individual has died. A taxon is presumed Extinct when exhaustive surveys in known and/or expected habitat, at appropriate times (diurnal, seasonal, annual), throughout its historic range have failed to record an individual. Surveys should be over a time frame appropriate to the taxon’s life cycle and life form.
- extinction status
- Indicates whether a taxon is extant (living today) or extinct.
- first appearance (older bound)
- The older bound for the first appearance of this taxon in the fossil record, in Ma.
- first appearance (younger bound)
- The younger bound for the first appearance of this taxon in the fossil record, in Ma.
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- last appearance (older bound)
- The older bound for the last appearance of this taxon in the fossil record, in Ma.
- last appearance (younger bound)
- The younger bound for the last appearance of this taxon in the fossil record, in Ma.
- The geographic latitude (in decimal degrees, using the spatial reference system given in geodeticDatum) of the geographic center of a Location. Positive values are north of the Equator, negative values are south of it. Legal values lie between -90 and 90, inclusive.
- The geographic longitude (in decimal degrees, using the spatial reference system given in geodeticDatum) of the geographic center of a Location. Positive values are east of the Greenwich Meridian, negative values are west of it. Legal values lie between -180 and 180, inclusive.
- marine habitat
- A habitat that is in or on a sea or ocean containing high concentrations of dissolved salts and other total dissolved solids (typically >35 grams dissolved salts per litre).
- million years ago
- 1 megaannum in the past. Megaannum, Ma. is a unit of time equal to one million (10^6) years.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!