Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
|Specimen Records:||51||Public Records:||0|
|Specimens with Sequences:||49||Public Species:||0|
|Specimens with Barcodes:||48||Public BINs:||0|
|Species With Barcodes:||7|
Locations of barcode samples
Diastatidae are a type of flies, and are in the family Diptera. They occur primarily in the Holarctic Region, but several species are known from the Oriental, Neotropical, and Australasian regions. Members of the family number over 20 described species in three genera. There is an additional fossil genus.
For terms see Morphology of Diptera
Minute flies with grey or brown-grey body and, usually, maculate wings. The postvertical bristles on head are cruciate and vibrissae are present on the head are present.The front orbital bristles are inset and upswept. The costa is interrupted near the end of Radial vein 1 and sometimes also near the humeral crossvein. The subcosta is incomplete fusing with Radial vein 1 before the apex. The posterior basal wing cell and discoidal wing cell are separate. The anal cell of wing and the anal vein of wing are both present.
Adults of living forms have been found along margins of bogs, marshes, and the edges of moist woodlands. Immature biologies are largely unknown. Hennig wrote about it thought to be Campichoeta punctum.
- Duda, O. (1934), Ephydridae. 6, 1, 58e, 1-18.In: Lindner, E. (Ed.). Die Fliegen der palaearktischen Region 6: 1–115. Keys to Palaearctic species but now needs revision (in German).
- A.A. Shtakel 'berg Family Diastatidae in Bei-Bienko, G. Ya, 1988 Keys to the insects of the European Part of the USSR Volume 5 (Diptera) Part 2 English edition.Keys to Palaearctic species but now needs revision .
|McAlpine (1989)||Grimaldi (1990)|
- Papp, T. (1984). "Diastatidae". In Árpád Soós, Papp T. Catalogue of Palaearctic Diptera (print) 10. Amsterdam: Elservier. pp. 182–185. ISBN 0-444-99601-X.
- McAlpine, J.F. 1989. Chapter 116. Phylogeny and classification of the Muscomorpha. In Manual of Nearctic Diptera. Vol. 3. Coordinated by J.F. McAlpine and D.M. Wood. Agriculture Canada Monograph, 32. pp. 1397–1518.
- David Grimald, 1990 A phylogenetic, revised classification of genera in the Drosophilidae (Diptera) Bulletin of American Museum of Natural History 1971-139 
Wayne N. Mathis & David A. Barraclough Contributions to a Manual of Palaearctic Diptera. 3: 523-530. Science Herald, Budapest World Catalog and Conspectus on the Family Diastatidae (Diptera: Schizophora) Myia, 12:235–266 online here
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!