Data about <i>Podarcis melisellensis</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
Glossary for Podarcis melisellensis
- A group of geographically or geologically associated islands.
- A high, steep, or overhanging face of rock.
- The general region of indefinite width that extends from the sea inland to the first major change in terrain features.
- conservation status
- An area with a high density of trees. A small forest may be called a wood.
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- Area of dry or relatively dry land surrounded by water or low wetland.
- least concern
- A taxon is Least Concern when it has been evaluated against the criteria and does not qualify for Critically Endangered, Endangered, Vulnerable or Near Threatened. Widespread and abundant taxa are included in this category.
- Grassland used for grazing of ungulate livestock as part of a farm or ranch.
- population trend
- Area covered with low-growing or stunted perennial vegetation and usually not mixed with trees.
- A large expanse of saline water usually connected with an ocean.
- terrestrial biome
- A biome that applies to the terrestrial realm.
- terrestrial habitat
- A habitat that is on or at the boundary of the surface of the Earth.
- Land having a cover of trees, shrubs, or both.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!