The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Arnold, Augusta Foote. 1903. Sea-Beach at Ebb-Tide. New York : Century Co.; Page 469
- Bouchet P.,Gofas S. & Rosenberg G. (2013). WoRMS Mollusca: World Marine Mollusca database (version Feb 2013). In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life, 11th March 2013 (Roskov Y., Kunze T., Paglinawan L., Orrell T., Nicolson D., Culham A., Bailly N., Kirk P., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Hernandez F., De Wever A., eds). Digital resource at www.catalogueoflife.org/col/. Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- Bouchet, P. (2013). Doryteuthis pealeii (Lesueur, 1821). Accessed through: World Register of Marine Species at http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=574541
- Cadrin, S. "Longfish Inshore Squid" (On-line). Accessed April 3, 2001 at http://www.nefsc.nmfs.gov/sos/spsyn/iv/lfsquid/.
- Ellis, R. 1998. The Search for the Giant Squid. New York: The Lyons Press.
- Feldman, G. "Squid: Variations on a theme" (On-line). Accessed October 25, 2000 at http://seawifs.gsfc.nasa.gov/OCEAN_PLANET/HTML/squid_variations_on_a_theme.html.
- Goode, George Brown. 1884. Fisheries and Fishery Industries of the United States: Section I, Natural History of Useful Aquatic Animals, Plates. Washington, DC : Government Printing Office; Plate 253
- Hickman, Jr., C., L. Roberts, A. Larson. 2001. Integrated Principles of Zoology, 11th Edition. New York: McGraw-Hill Companies.
- Lackner, C. "Squids" (On-line). Accessed October 25, 2000 at http://www.lams.losalamos.k12.nm.us/heacock/HeacockSci/squid.html.
- Lesueur, C. A. 1821. Description of several new species of Cuttle-fish. Journal of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia, 2 (1). 86-101
- Marine Biological Laboratory, "Loligo pealei: the Long-finned Squid" (On-line). Accessed April 3, 2001 at http://www.mbl.edu/publications/Loligo/squid/index.html.
- Marine Biological Laboratory, March 12, 2000. "Scientists study nerve cells of squid to learn more about a crucial cellular machine" (On-line). Accessed October 25, 2000 at http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2000/03/000302070536.htm.
- Morris, R., D. Abbott, E. Haderlie. 1980. Intertidal Invertebrates of California. Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press.
- Sweeney, M. J. and C. F. E. Roper / N. A. Voss, M. Vecchione, R. B. Toll and M. J. Sweeney, eds. 1998. Classification, type localities and type repositories of recent Cephalopoda. Systematics and Biogeography of Cephalopods. Smithsonian Contributions to Zoology, 586 (I-II). 561-599
- Turgeon, D. D., A. E. Bogan, E. V. Coan, W. K. Emerson, W. G. Lyons, W. Pratt, et al. 1988. Common and scientific names of aquatic invertebrates from the United States and Canada: mollusks. American Fisheries Society Special Publication 16. vii + 277
- Turgeon, D. D., J. F. Quinn, Jr., A. E. Bogan, E. V. Coan, F. G. Hochberg, W. G. Lyons, et al. 1998. Common and scientific names of aquatic invertebrates from the United States and Canada: Mollusks, 2nd ed. American Fisheries Society Special Publication 26. 526
- Vecchione, M. 1996. "Loligo Lamarck 1798" (On-line). Accessed April 3, 2001 at http://phylogeny.arizona.edu/tree/eukaryotes/animals/mollusca/cephalopoda/coleoidea/decapodiformes/loliginidae/loligo/loligo.html.
- Vecchione, M. J., T. F. Brakoniecki, Y. Natsukari and R. T. Hanlon / N. A. Voss et al., eds. 1998. A provisional generic classification of the family Loliginidae. Systematics and Biogeography of Cephalopods. Smithsonian Contributions to Zoology, 586 (I-II). 215-222
- Verhill, A. E. 1882. Report on the Cephalopods of the Northeastern Coast of America. Washington, DC : Government Printing Office. Report of the Commissioner (United States Commission of Fish and Fisheries), 1879; Plate XXVI
- Voss, G. L. 1962. South African Cephalopods. Transactions of the Royal Society of South Africa, 36 (4). 245-272
- Wood, J. 2001. "The Cephalopod Page" (On-line). Accessed April 3, 2001 at http://www.dal.ca/~ceph/TCP/index.html.
- modified from Drew, G. A. 1911. Sexual activities ofthe squid Loligo pealii (Les.). II. The spermatophore; its structure, ejaculation and formation. Jour. Morph., 32: 379-435.
- von der Linden, B., P. Farrand, G. Myers. October 30, 1998. "Use and Exploitation of Marine Invertebrates" (On-line). Accessed November 2, 2000 at http://it.stlawu.edu/~bbaldwin/trio/.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!