The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Mastodon butchery by North American Paleo-Indians. Nature. (1984).
- Mammoths, Mastodonts and Elephants: Biology, Behavior and the Fossil Record. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. (1991).
- Mastodons. The Midwestern United States 16,000 Years Ago. 2010, (1995).
- Pleistocene Mammals of North America. New York: Columbia University Press. (1980).
- Proboscidea. Evolution of Tertiary Mammals of North America. 1, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. (1998).
- Fossil Proboscidea from the Wembere-Manonga Formation, Manonga Valley, Tanzania. Topics in Geobiology. 14, 266-310. New York: Plenum Press. (1997).
- American mastodon. Science & Nature: Animals, Wildfacts. 2010, (2008).
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!