Data about <i>Oryx beisa beisa</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
Database and Repository Coverage
type specimen repository
National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution (USNM)
||National Museum of Natural History Collections|
Glossary for Oryx beisa beisa
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution (USNM)
- National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution (USNM), Washington, District of Columbia, USA. NMNH and USNM both refer to the National Museum of Natural History. Collections are associated with one or the other acronym. US, the US National Herbarium, is a collection within the National Museum of Natural History. URL for main institutional website: http://www.mnh.si.edu/rc/ URL for institutional specimen catalog: http://collections.mnh.si.edu/
- protected area
- An area of land and/or a body of water especially dedicated to the protection and maintenance of biological diversity, and of natural and associated cultural resources, and managed through legal or other effective means.
- rangeland biome
- A rangeland biome is an anthropogenic terrestrial biome which is primarily used for the rearing and grazing of livestock.
- terrestrial biome
- A biome that applies to the terrestrial realm.
- type specimen repository
- The institution that holds a type specimen for a given species. The recommended best practice is to use the identifier in a collections registry such as the Biodiversity Collections Index (http://www.biodiversitycollectionsindex.org/).
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!