Aulophyseter is an extinct genus of sperm whale from the Miocene formations of the West and East coasts of North America as well as the Patagonian region of South America. It is a possible synonym of some fossils assigned to Orycterocetus.
- Remington, Kellogg (1927). "Study of the skull of a fossil sperm-whale from the Temblor Miocene of Southern California". Contributions to Palaeontology from the Carnegie Institution of Washington: 3–24.
- R. Nieuwenhuys (1998) The central nervous system of vertebrates, Volume 1 p.2130
- Colbert's Evolution of the Vertebrates: A History of the Backboned Animals Through Time by Edwin H. Colbert, Michael Morales, and Eli C. Minkoff Pg.396.
- Sperm Whales: Social Evolution in the Ocean by Hal Whitehead
- Encyclopedia of Marine Mammals by William F. Perrin, Bernd Wursig, and J. G.M. Thewissen
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!