The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Nesis, K. N. 1987. Cephalopods of the World: Squids, Cuttlefishes, Octopuses, and Allies. 351
- Okutani, T., T. Kubodera and K. Jefferts. 1983. Diversity, distribution and ecology of gonatid squids in the subarctic Pacific: A review. Bull. Ocean Res. Inst., Univ. Tokyo, No. 26 (1):150-192.
- Paratype: Young, R. 1972. Smithson. Contrib. Zool. 97: 43-46, pls. 13,14,17.
- Scott, P. H., F. G. Hochberg, and B. Roth. 1990. Catalog of Recent and Fossil Molluscan Types in the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History. I. Caudofoveata, Polyplacophora, Bivalvia, Scaphopoda, and Cephalopoda. Veliger, 33. 1-27
- Sweeney, M. J. and C. F. E. Roper / N. A. Voss, M. Vecchione, R. B. Toll and M. J. Sweeney, eds. 1998. Classification, type localities and type repositories of recent Cephalopoda. Systematics and Biogeography of Cephalopods. Smithsonian Contributions to Zoology, 586 (I-II). 561-599
- UNESCO-IOC Register of Marine Organisms
- WoRMS (2014). Gonatus pyros. Accessed through: World Register of Marine Species at http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=341861
- Young, R. E. 1972. The systematics and areal distribution of pelagic cephalopods from the seas off Southern California. Smithson. Contr. Zool., 97: 1-159.
- Young, Richard Edward. 1972. The systematics and areal distribution of pelagic Cephalopods from the seas off southern California. Smithsonian Contributions to Zoology, 97. 1-159
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!