Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
Specimens with Sequences:46
Specimens with Barcodes:46
Species With Barcodes:4
Sternula is a genus of small white terns. It is often subsumed into the larger genus Sterna, although the most recent changes to the AOU checklist considers it a separate genus. Listed alphabetically.
- Little tern Sternula albifrons
- Least tern Sternula antillarum
- Damara tern Sternula balaenarum
- Peruvian tern Sternula lorata
- Fairy tern Sternula nereis
- Saunders's tern Sternula saundersi
- Yellow-billed tern Sternula superciliaris
Saunders’s and least terns were both formerly considered to be subspecies of little tern.
- Shorebirds & allies, IOC World Bird List, ver.3.2.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!