Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
|Specimen Records:||48||Public Records:||29|
|Specimens with Sequences:||44||Public Species:||4|
|Specimens with Barcodes:||44||Public BINs:||5|
|Species With Barcodes:||4|
Sternula is a genus of small white terns. It is often subsumed into the larger genus Sterna, although the most recent changes to the AOU checklist considers it a separate genus. Listed alphabetically.
- Little Tern Sternula albifrons
- Least Tern Sternula antillarum
- Damara Tern Sternula balaenarum
- Peruvian Tern Sternula lorata
- Fairy Tern Sternula nereis
- Saunders's Tern Sternula saundersi
- Yellow-billed Tern Sternula superciliaris
Saunders’s and Least Terns were both formerly considered to be subspecies of Little Tern.
- Shorebirds & allies, IOC World Bird List, ver.3.2.