Data about Cheiromeles
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
Glossary for Cheiromeles
- Body mass
- The amount of matter in the body of an organism.
- Forelimb length
- The distance from point to point along the longest axis of the anterior/superior jointed appendages used for locomotion or grasping.
- An area with a high density of trees. A small forest may be called a wood.
- The natural environment in which an organism lives, or the physical environment that surrounds (influences and is utilized by) a species population.
- Habitat. (2013, August 9). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 19:01, August 14, 2013, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Habitat&oldid=567783959
- Nest of bird
- A bird nest is the spot in which a bird lays and incubates its eggs and raises its young.
- Paddy field
- A flooded parcel of arable land used for growing rice and other semiaquatic crops.
- The part of an elevation or depression between the relatively flat surrounding area and the peak of a mount or the bottom of a depression.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!