The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- 1. Biomimicry Institute, www.asknature.org
- 2. Christina Nicolson's outreach with www.karplab.net and Sangbae Kim, Biomimetic Robotics Lab, both directed by MIT professors
- 3. www.WhalePower.com of Ontario
- 4. National Geographic, "Design by Nature"
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, A. L. Gardner, and W. C. Starnes. 2003. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, and A. L. Gardner. 1987. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada. Resource Publication, no. 166. 79
- Canada. Commission of Conservation. Committee on Fisheries, Game and Fur-Bearing Animals. 1916. Conservation of Fish, Birds and Game : Proceedings at a Meeting of the Committee, November 1 and 2, 1915. Toronto, Ontario : Methodist Book and Publishing House.; Facing page 1
- Clapham, Phillip J., and James J. Mead. 1999. Megaptera novaeangliae. Mammalian Species, no. 604. 1-9
- J. E. Gray. 1846. On the cetaceous animals. The zoology of the voyage of H. M. S. Erebus and Terror, under the command of Capt. Sir J. C. Ross, R. N., F. R. S., during the years 1839 to 1843 1 & 2:1-53
- Mead, James G., and Robert L. Brownell, Jr. / Wilson, Don E., and DeeAnn M. Reeder, eds. 2005. Order Cetacea. Mammal Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, 3rd ed., vol. 1. 723-743
- Perrin, W. (2013). Megaptera Gray, 1846. In: Perrin, W.F. (2013) World Cetacea Database. Accessed through: World Register of Marine Species at http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=137014
- Rice, Dale W. 1998. Marine Mammals of the World: Systematics and Distribution. Special Publications of the Society for Marine Mammals, no. 4. ix + 231
- Wilson, Don E., and DeeAnn M. Reeder, eds. 1993. Mammal Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, 2nd ed., 3rd printing. xviii + 1207
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!