Localities documented in Tropicos sources
Colombia (South America)
Note: This information is based on publications available through Tropicos and may not represent the entire distribution. Tropicos does not categorize distributions as native or non-native.
- Idárraga-Piedrahita, A., R. D. C. Ortiz, R. Callejas Posada & M. Merello. 2011. Flora de Antioquia. Catálogo de las Plantas Vasculares, vol. 2. Listado de las Plantas Vasculares del Departamento de Antioquia. Pp. 1-939. http://www.tropicos.org/Reference/100008595
Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
|Specimen Records:||130||Public Records:||99|
|Specimens with Sequences:||109||Public Species:||54|
|Specimens with Barcodes:||108||Public BINs:||0|
|Species With Barcodes:||54|
Locations of barcode samples
The Portulacaceae are a family of flowering plants, comprising about 20 genera with about 500 species, ranging from herbaceous plants to shrubs. The family has been recognised by most taxonomists, and is also known as the purslane family; it has a cosmopolitan distribution, with the highest diversity in semiarid regions of the Southern Hemisphere in Africa, Australia, and South America, but with a few species also extending north into Arctic regions. The family is very similar to the Caryophyllaceae, differing in the calyx, which has only two sepals.
The APG II system (2003; unchanged from the APG system of 1998) assigns it to the order Caryophyllales in the clade core eudicots. In the APG III system, several genera were moved to the Montiaceae, Didiereaceae, Anacampserotaceae and Talinaceae, thus making the family monotypic and only containing the genus Portulaca.
- Angiosperm Phylogeny Group (2009). "An update of the Angiosperm Phylogeny Group classification for the orders and families of flowering plants: APG III" (PDF). Botanical Journal of the Linnean Society 161 (2): 105–121. doi:10.1111/j.1095-8339.2009.00996.x. Retrieved 2013-07-06.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Portulacaceae.|
|Wikispecies has information related to: Portulacaceae|
- Portulacaceae in L. Watson and M.J. Dallwitz (1992 onwards). The families of flowering plants
- Flora of North America: Portulacaceae
- Flora of China: Portulacaceae
- NCBI Taxonomy Browser
- links at CSDL
- Portulacaceae of Chile, by Chileflora
|This Caryophyllales article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|