Data about <i>Amelanchier asiatica</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
Glossary for Amelanchier asiatica
- This taxon is still in existence, as opposed to extinct.
- extinction status
- Indicates whether a taxon is extant (living today) or extinct.
- geographic distribution
- A description of the geographic distribution, or range, of the taxon. Includes descriptions of global, regional, or political aspects of range and whether the taxon is native or introduced in portions of the range and endemicity.
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- mixed forest biome
- A mixed forest biome is a forest biome which contains densely packed populations or communities of broadleaf and coniferous trees, strongly limiting light penetration to the forest floor.
- Area covered with low-growing or stunted perennial vegetation and usually not mixed with trees.
- The part of an elevation or depression between the relatively flat surrounding area and the peak of a mount or the bottom of a depression.
- Linear body of water flowing on the Earth's surface.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!