The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Corben, C. J., G.J. Ingram, and M.J.Tyler.1974. Gastric brooding: a unique form of parental care in an Australian frog. Science 186: 946-947.
- Fanning, J. C., M.J. Tyler, and D.J.C. Shearman. 1982. Converting a stomach of the gastric brooding frog, Rheobatrachus silus. Gastroenterology 82: 62-70.
- Frost, Darrel R. 1997. Amphibian Species of the World, A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference. Second edition
- Gibbins, I. L., and M.J. Tyler. 1983. Changes in the organization and ultrastructure of smooth muscle cells in the stomach of the gastric brooding frog, Rheobatrachus silus, during brooding. Cell and Tissue Research 231: 451-456.
- Leong, A.S.Y., M.J. Tyler, and D.J.C. Shearman. 1986. Gastric Brooding: A new form in a recently discovered Australian frog of the genus Rheobatrachus. Australian Journal of Zoology 34: 205-209.
- Mahoney, M., M.J. Tyler, and M. Davies.1984. A new species of the genus Rheobatrachus (Anura: Leptodactylidae) from Queensland. Transactions of the Royal Society of South Australia 108: 155-62.
- McDonald, K. R. and M.J. Tyler. 1984. Evidence of gastric brooding in the Australian leptodactylid frog Rheobatrachus vitellinus. Transactions of the Royal Society of South Australia 108: 226.
- Mem. Qd Mus. 16: 463.
- Tyler, M. J., D.J.C. Shearman, R. Franco, P. O'Brien, R.F. Seamark, and R. Kelly. 1983. Inhibition of gastric acid secretion in the gastric brooding frog, Rheobatrachus silus. Science 220: 609-610.
- Tyler, M. J., and Carter, D. B. (1981). Oral birth of the young of the gastric brooding frog, Rheobatrachus silus. Anim. Behav. 29, 280-282.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!