Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
Specimens with Sequences:134
Specimens with Barcodes:61
Species With Barcodes:30
- This article is about the plant species, for the ancient city named Polemonium, see Fatsa.
Polemonium, commonly called Jacob's ladder, is a genus of between 25 and 40 species of flowering plants in the family Polemoniaceae, native to cool temperate to arctic regions of the Northern Hemisphere. One species also occurs in the southern Andes in South America. Many of the species grow at high altitudes in mountains. Most of the uncertainty in the number of species relates to those in Eurasia, many of which have been synonymized with P. caeruleum in the past.
They are perennial plants (rarely annual plants) growing 10–120 cm tall with bright green leaves divided into lance-shaped leaflets, and produce blue (rarely white or pink) flowers in the spring and summer.
- Polemonium acutifolium Tall Jacob's Ladder
- Polemonium boreale Northern Jacob's Ladder
- Polemonium brandegeei Brandegee's Jacob's Ladder
- Polemonium caeruleum Jacob's Ladder (the original plant to bear this name); Charity
- Polemonium californicum Showy Jacob's Ladder
- Polemonium carneum Royal Jacob's Ladder
- Polemonium caucasicum
- Polemonium chartaceum Mason's Jacob's Ladder
- Polemonium chinense
- Polemonium confertum Rocky Mountain Jacob's Ladder
- Polemonium delicatum
- Polemonium eddyense
- Polemonium elegans Elegant Jacob's Ladder
- Polemonium eximium Sky Pilot
- Polemonium foliosissimum Towering Jacob's Ladder
- Polemonium grandiflorum
- Polemonium mexicanum
- Polemonium micranthum Annual Jacob's Ladder
- Polemonium nevadense Nevada Jacob's Ladder
- Polemonium occidentale Western Jacob's Ladder
- Polemonium pauciflorum Few-flower Jacob's Ladder
- Polemonium pectinatum Washington Jacob's Ladder
- Polemonium pulchellum
- Polemonium pulcherrimum Beautiful Jacob's Ladder
- Polemonium reptans Greek Valerian
- Polemonium sumushanense
- Polemonium vanbruntiae Van Brunt's Jacob's Ladder
- Polemonium vilosissimum
- Polemonium viscosum Sticky Jacob's Ladder
- Polemonium yezoense
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!